how to use the infusion pump
The infusion pump is an instrument that can accurately control the number of infusion drops or the flow rate of the infusion to ensure that the drug can enter the patient's body with an even speed and an accurate dose to play a role. The infusion pump is usually a mechanical or electronic control device, which controls the infusion speed by acting on the infusion catheter. It is often used in situations that require strict control of infusion volume and drug dosage, such as in the application of vasopressor drugs, antiarrhythmic drugs, intravenous infusion or intravenous anesthesia for infants and young children. Let’s talk about the problems that should be paid attention to in the daily operation, maintenance and storage of infusion pumps in combination with clinical practical applications.
Infusion Pump Operation
1. Prepare the liquid medicine in the treatment room according to the doctor's order, check the quality of the liquid medicine, deterioration, discoloration, turbidity, whether the bottle mouth is loose, and the expiration date. Dosing and mixing in principle. Indicate the name, bed number, added drug name, and dose on the bottle label, and ask the second person to check.
2. Check the expiry date of the infusion pump tube and whether the outer packaging is tight. After passing the test, open the outer package, close the regulator, disinfect the mouth of the bottle with Anduofu, and insert the needle of the infusion pump tube vertically into the infusion bottle.
3. Take the infusion pump, infusion items, and treatment tray to the patient's bedside, and check the bed number and name. Explain the purpose of infusion, the use of infusion pump and precautions to conscious patients to obtain cooperation. Place the infusion pump at a suitable location and connect it to the power supply, and hang the solution bottle upside down on the infusion stand. Squeeze the dropper to make the solution quickly flow to 1/3-1/2 full, raise the infusion tube at the lower end of the dropper, loosen the regulator slightly, hold the needle plug and slowly lower the infusion tube, a small amount of liquid flows into the small medicine cup , to drive out the gas in the infusion pump tube at one time.
4. Turn on the power switch, and correctly install the hose part of the infusion pump tube into the infusion pump.
5. Close the regulator, check again whether there is residual gas in the infusion pump tube, and assist the patient to take a comfortable lying position.
6. Adjust the infusion speed and predetermined infusion volume according to the doctor's advice (according to the 'select' adjustment on the infusion pump panel).
7. Fasten the tourniquet, correctly select the blood vessel, loosen the tourniquet, disinfect the skin with Anduofu, wait for it to dry, prepare the infusion patch, fasten the tourniquet, disinfect the skin again with Anduofu, puncture and fix it correctly (same as infusion operating procedures).
8. Record the drug, liquid volume and infusion speed in the infusion pump
Infusion pump alarm cause
In the infusion pump alarm system, 6 symbols are flashing, so as to deal with it in time.
① AIR flashes, there is air in the infusion set tube, take out the infusion tube and re-exhaust it when handling.
②DOOR flashes, indicating that the door of the infusion pump is open. Keep pump door closed and locked when handling.
③ DCCL flashes, indicating that the pipeline is blocked. Check whether the pipeline is folded, the rolling clamp is closed, and the needle is blocked.
④ LOWBATT is flashing, indicating that the battery of the infusion pump is low, and the AC power should be connected immediately.
⑤ EMPTY flashes, indicating that the liquid medicine bottle or bag is empty, and the liquid needs to be replaced or the infusion should be stopped.
⑥DRIP flow rate 1 flashes, the drop count sensor is faulty? The sensor is installed incorrectly? The drop count chamber is damaged? The surface of the sensor is polluted? Direct sunlight or strong light. DRIP flow rate 2 and 3 are flashing, the setting of the infusion set is not consistent with the actual one, reset it so that the set value conforms to the actual infusion set used. DRIP4, 5 flashes, the wrong infusion set is used or the setting of the infusion set is incorrect. DRIP flow rate 6 is flashing, indicating that the infusion set leaks, and the wrong infusion set is used. When the infusion pump stops working, the drop count sensor detects more than 10 drops of drip flow.
Infusion pump maintenance
1. In order to prolong the service life of the infusion pump and maintain the stability of its infusion, please follow the following precautions:
1. Prevent any solid particles from entering the infusion pump body, because dust or any other impurities will wear the plunger, sealing ring, cylinder and check valve, so any solid particles in the mobile phase should be removed in advance. It is best to distill the mobile phase in a glass container, and the common method is to filter, and filters such as Millipore membrane (0.2um or 0.45um) can be used. The inlet of the pump should be connected with a sand filter rod (or sheet), and the filter of the infusion pump should be replaced frequently.
2. The mobile phase should not contain any corrosive substances, and the mobile phase containing buffer should not be kept in the pump, especially if the pump is stopped overnight or longer. If the mobile phase containing the buffer is left in the pump, due to evaporation or leakage, or even just due to the stillness of the solution, tiny crystals of salt may be precipitated, and these crystals will damage the seal ring and plunger, etc. just like the above-mentioned solid particles. Therefore, it must be pumped in pure water for sufficient cleaning, and then replaced with a solvent suitable for column preservation and pump maintenance (for reversed-phase bonded stationary phase, it can be methanol or methanol and water).
3. When the infusion pump is working, care should be taken to prevent the mobile phase in the solvent bottle from being used up, otherwise the plunger, sealing ring or cylinder will be worn out when the pump is running empty, and liquid leakage will eventually occur.
4. The working pressure of the infusion pump should not exceed the specified maximum pressure, otherwise it will deform the high-pressure sealing ring and cause liquid leakage.
5. The mobile phase should be degassed first, so as not to generate air bubbles in the pump and affect the stability of the flow rate. If there are a lot of air bubbles, the pump will not work.
2. If the infusion pump fails, find out the cause and take corresponding measures to eliminate the failure:
1. There is no flow of mobile phase and no pressure indication. The reason may be that there is a lot of gas in the infusion pump. At this time, you can open the pressure relief valve to make the pump run at a larger flow rate (5ml/min) to exhaust the air bubbles. You can also use a 50ml syringe at the outlet of the pump to help Pump out the gas. Another reason may be that the sealing ring is worn and needs to be replaced.
2. The pressure flow is unstable. The reason may be air bubbles, which need to be removed, or foreign matter in the one-way valve. You can remove the one-way valve, immerse it in acetone, and perform ultrasonic cleaning. Sometimes there may be air bubbles in the sand filter rod or partly blocked by tiny crystal grains of salt or microbial growth. At this time, remove the sand filter rod and immerse it in the mobile phase, ultrasonically remove the air bubbles, or immerse the sand filter rod (piece) in the mobile phase. Quickly remove microorganisms or dissolve salt in dilute acid (such as 4mol/L nitric acid), and then wash immediately.
3. The reason for the high pressure is that the pipeline is blocked and needs to be removed or cleaned. The reason for the pressure drop may be a leak in the pipeline. Checking for blockages or leaks can be done segment by segment.
Infusion Pump Storage
When operating the infusion pump, do not touch the power plug with wet hands, and do not use it under direct sunlight or strong light. The sensor plug must be inserted tightly when using, otherwise it will not work properly. When not in use, put it on the seat on the top of the infusion pump and lock it to avoid damage when moving and storing. When charging, first turn off the power switch, and then charge. If you use it for the first time or after a long period of non-use, fully charge the battery before starting to use it. This infusion pump is prohibited to be stored in a place where it is directly blown by cold and wet (hot) air such as fans, air conditioners, electric stoves, heaters, and humidifiers.